MS Teams Video recording file Not available after meeting

Copper Contributor

Now I got a user in Beijing, who organized a meeting on MS Teams, recorded it, however for all the 2meetings held on 21st and 22nd July. Both recordings are not available. we are not using streams at the moment so am wondering how to go about this to get those recordings. Previous meetings have been okay but only for these 2days no recordings available. What could have happened?

5 Replies
In live events the meeting go to the meeting in calendar and then look at the meeting details tab and there is a spot to download them. But usually those go to stream. Is the meetings started by a user that is a full licensed user in your same tenant with stream? Where were you going for the previous videos?

@Chris Webb

user has no stream licence, however, previous videos could easily be downloaded from the chat tab for any recorded Meeting. 

The person recording the meeting has to have a stream license to upload and then for that download to take hold.

@Chris Webb 

Usually, after ending the meeting, the recording doesn't get uploaded to Stream, but it's stored in Teams cloud storage, where it's available for download for 20 days. This would give the user time to download it to their PC. This was a rather long meeting of about 4hrs 53mins. is there a limit in hours of recording.

I'm trying to find the docs but I'm pretty sure the cut off on recording is 4 hours, but you would think they would at least still be downloadable for 4 hours of the meeting.