SOLVED

MS Teams / Skype for Business 2015 / Cisco Call Manager

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I just need to verify the below design.

We have S4B 2015 and will integrate it with Cisco call manager and have M365 E3.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/interoperability-portal/skyp-for-b...

Our goal is to migrate some users to MS Teams with enterprise voice to be able to communicate with on-premises users through the assign line URI. 

Based on my understanding there are two ways to do this either using direct routing for MS teams client or using Hybrid voice for S4B Online client.

So, I have some questions to make things clear

Whats the best solution for this scenario?

Do we need to implement SBC in all hybrid scenarios?

Do we need a special M365 license for Phone System (Cloud PBX) to be able to enable enterprise voice for the migrated users?

after checking this article. Microsoft dose not mention if migrating users to MS Teams is double they mentioned only migrating users to S4B online.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/skype-for-business-hybrid-solutions/plan-your-phon...

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Ayman_Fathy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I would suggest Direct Routing as the best option in this scenario. If your users have M365 E3 then the phone system add-on will be required (phone system is included in E5 but add-on required for E1/E3). You will also require an MS-Teams certified SBC but the majority of sip trunk providers will offer a 'carrier-hosted' service whereby they host the SBC and provide a subdomain which will need to be added as a domain in your 365 tenant.

Thanks for your reply. I just need to make sure that using Direct routing with Skype for Business 2015 on-primes is doable or its applicable to co-exist direct routing with hybrid voice in my scenario.

Thanks

This is a very nice one and gives in-depth information. I am really happy with the quality and presentation of the article. I’d really like to appreciate the efforts you get with writing this post. Thanks for sharing.
<a href="https://www.sevenmentor.com/ccna-course-in-pune-area.php">CCNA course in Pune</a>
This is a very nice one and gives in-depth information. I am really happy with the quality and presentation of the article. I’d really like to appreciate the efforts you get with writing this post. Thanks for sharing.
https://www.sevenmentor.com/ccna-course-in-pune-area.php

MS Teams/Skype for Business 2015: MS Teams/Skype for Business 2015 is a collaboration platform that can be used to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, both internally and externally. It offers a variety of features such as instant messaging, video conferencing, file sharing, and cloud storage. Features like these make MS Teams/Skype for Business 2015 a great tool for working with colleagues in different locations. Cisco Call Manager: Cisco Call Manager is an enterprise-grade IP telecommunication system that offers integrated voice, video, and mobile solutions. It is a powerful platform that provides scalability, interoperability, and availability for voice, video, and data transmissions. Cisco Call Manager simplifies the deployment and management of large-scale communication networks by providing a range of features such as call routing, call control, and voice messaging.

for more detail visit the CCNA training institute in Pune

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ayman_Fathy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I would suggest Direct Routing as the best option in this scenario. If your users have M365 E3 then the phone system add-on will be required (phone system is included in E5 but add-on required for E1/E3). You will also require an MS-Teams certified SBC but the majority of sip trunk providers will offer a 'carrier-hosted' service whereby they host the SBC and provide a subdomain which will need to be added as a domain in your 365 tenant.

View solution in original post