SOLVED

MS Teams - Shared calendar - Phone integration - multiple meetings at the same time?

Copper Contributor

Can't find an answer to this, so I thought I'd ask the cloud:

Background:

My office uses a shared calendar to book meetings.  There are approximately 16 of us working independently of each other and setting up meetings with different clients.  We use the shared calendar for tracking (we schedule 6 months in advance and have to cancel often) and for distribution because the person who schedules the meeting is not the person conducting it (ie. they get assigned to appropriate people the week before).  

On most days each meeting facilitator will have 4 meetings at standardized times (ie. 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm).  There are usually 5-10 facilitators scheduled and they all overlap with one another.  We want to have telephone access as a backup so if someone has a bad internet connection they can call in instead of using video.

We've some experience on individual accounts with MS Teams adding a dial in number and a unique PIN.  We've noticed that each time we generate a meeting invite, the Passcode for the meeting is different.  

Question:

If we add telephone integration on our shared calendar, will we be able to host multiple meetings at the same time on that one number? IE. Does MS Teams create unique instances for each meeting, even if they overlap, or do all the participants end up in the same place because the facilitators are all using one account?   

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AbelBaker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AbelBaker If you have a Teams license that includes audio conferencing every meeting will have the same number but a difference conference ID. To access a meeting you dial the number then enter the conferenceID.

There will be no overlap in meeting, each will be a separate meeting.

The only exception is recurring meetings, they keep the same conferenceID through the series.

@Steven Collier I just wanted to say thanks for answering my question and helping us out. 

All the best, 

Don

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AbelBaker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AbelBaker If you have a Teams license that includes audio conferencing every meeting will have the same number but a difference conference ID. To access a meeting you dial the number then enter the conferenceID.

There will be no overlap in meeting, each will be a separate meeting.

The only exception is recurring meetings, they keep the same conferenceID through the series.

View solution in original post