MS Teams Rooms - Scheduled Meetings does not appear on screen to join.

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I created a room as a resource account "Room" and then designated it as a "Microsoft Teams Rooms Standard". Then I log into my Lenovo Hub 500, but when I invite this room, the meeting is not displayed on my screen to press "Join".

This is very common, I don't know what the cause is.

Some people claim that using an "E3" license or "User" account, even both, can cause this type of scenario. But some are using their user account, for example.

Does it happen to all of you? What do you do to fix this?

Sometimes for me it's because the computer's time wasn't right.

Also, sometimes when I log into the browser or Teams app in Room's account, I can see the invitation.

12 Replies

@VictorHDO 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are staffed by authorized Microsoft agents:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Additional tech support is available at support.microsoft.com or Answers.microsoft.com.  

@ThereseSolimeno Any updates from the tech team regarding the issue that the meeting lists are not showing up on the screen? Appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks

@VanjoeHernandez I would suggest there was something incorrect in how the room was set up in exchange, there hasn't been any known issues with TMR showing meetings, as that's their primary function.

@Steven CollierI  just added a resource and assigned a Teams Room Premium license. No additional configuration. 

@VanjoeHernandez Are the appointment appearing in the accounts calendar, have they been accepted by the room? Is the TMR successfully authenticating to Exchange?

There really are very few parts to how a TMR shows meetings. It calls the accounts calendar to bring back the calendar and shows them. If it's not showing anything then it's either not able to authenticate or there are no appointments.

Yes, I was able to see the meeting list in the room calendar outlook account. I also got a confirmation that all the meeting set was accepted.

@VanjoeHernandez I would look in the Azure AD sign in logs for the rooms user account, and see if it's failing to authentication to Exchange Online, if that's where your resource mailboxes are being held.

I know if Modern Auth is turned off on our systems they have trouble pulling the calendar. Any chance that's the case?

@Steven Collier  We are having identical issues with meetings not appearing on our Teams Rooms devices. There is no issue in Azure AD with authentication and have modern authentication turned on in settings. They are activated with Teams Room Standard License.

@Austin_K When you say "no issues with authentication" are you specifically seeing the authentications from the device to Exchange Online succeed in the Azure AD sign in logs?

If so, are the meetings definitely accepted in the rooms calendar? 

@Steven CollierYes, I am seeing the sign-ins succeed in Azure AD. I also logged into the account's Teams calendar and was able to see that the meetings were showing up and accepted.

@Austin_K I'm out of ideas, there really isn't anything typically odd about how it accesses Exchange. I would suggest raising a support request so Microsoft can look further at what might be happening.