MS Teams Presenter view

Copper Contributor

Hello

So very strange issue occured in our company when we tried to do meeting in presenter view. Basically, presenter was showing his powerpoint presentation but when he reached to a slide where he wanted to share a video that was inside that ppt, and when he hit "play" the video was not working/starting on other participants screens. Only presenter himself saw the video. So I began investigating this and discovered something weird. If a participant makes one mouse click on the screen of the presentation it is seeing, for example on the first slide, then all the upcoming videos are working fine and start as intended. Just like this "one click" from participant on random slide would allow for the videos to start in the coming slides.

Is this know issue or is this intended to be this way?

Best wishes

Hannes

2 Replies

@Hannes95 - Thanks for sharing your experience.  This isn't normal behavior that I know of.  To confirm, you are using Presenter Mode?  (Create more engaging meetings with a new presenter mode - Office Support (microsoft.com)) - I just want to make sure I understand how the presenter was sharing.  If he was sharing a video to participants, was the video hosted locally or on YouTube or someplace else? Was the 'share system audio' clicked prior to sharing the slides?

Have you tried to recreate the issue again?  So I understand you correctly, the presenter shared video, the attendee clicked on their own screen, and that allowed them to view the video and all after?  thanks!

Hello

Presenter chose "Share content" and then scrolled to the bottom, where "PowerPoint Live" is and from there he chose "Browse my computer" and chose/opened the correct ppt file through Teams. It seems that those videos in powerpoint slides are hosted locally - Media files in mp4 format.

Yes, I have tried to recreate the issue again and the issue still persists. Yes, you have understood the problem correctly, the "Solution" for atendee is to click on their own screen on some random slide they are seeing at that moment. This seems to somehow activate autoplay for upcoming videos.

Best wishes
Hannes