MS Teams not showing all available contacts

Copper Contributor

I am one of the O365 Sys Admins for my org. All 100+ of us are using the Exchange Online (Plan 1) or Office 365 Premium within our environment and for some reason when some users are signed into TEAMS desktop and web with their Microsoft affiliated Email accounts, some are not able to see any of the existing TEAMS contacts, nor can they see and interact with some others. However it does show they are  signed in and the Updates from TEAMS are reflecting all up to date. Version 1.2.00.17057(64Bit) This is the same version i have and i am able to contact some others successfully, however some other people are still missing from the Contacts list.Most of us have version of Office 365 Business Installed (16.0.11727.20244). 

Some users appear offline, however they're online and sending communications to others with no issues.

From what i am researching with Microsoft, this issue has been going on with many users for several months with no fix yet.

Anybody else have this issue?

1 Reply
Can you check if scoped search is enabled?
See here how:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

Also, all users won’t show up in the contact list! These are probably auto migrated over from Skype for business!
Add them by filling in the whole email address or the same when pressing new chat