MS Teams no longer notifying "This Team has Guests" under the title

Brass Contributor

We seemed to have an update the other day on our Microsoft Team desktop app. One change that we would like to see come back, is the small message under the title of the team in the main panel that said "This Team has Guests".

This was a good quick visual to the user that information they are putting in the conversations/Files etc could be viewed my members external to the tenant.

I can see this message if I view the members of the Team, but this requires to check this every time I go into a different Team, instead of having a visual at the top.

Can this be put back?

It would be nice to see this feature also appear in the SharePoint sites too.

5 Replies

@Paul Matthews hi!

This has been brought up internally to the Teams team! I'll keep you posted!

Adam

Hi @adam deltinger,

Is there any update on this. My client is really unhappy that people cannot tell if a Team has guests in it with a quick glance.

REgards

Paul.

@Paul MatthewsI opened up a Premier Ticket a while back and they've come back stating they've acknowledged the bug and there is a scheduled release fix planned for Dec 2019. (subject to change)

Hey Chris,
I should have updated this thread, we have seen the guest banner back within teams, with extra icons at the top right of the team showing if it's org/public/private team.
Thanks again.

Paul