MS Teams meeting volume resets to system level whenever I switch to speakers

Copper Contributor

Running Windows 10 (Updated)

And Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9163 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/10/2022.

My system volume sits at 50%. This works for everything except Teams, which is far too loud when I switch the meeting to my speakers.

1. If I adjust the volume in Teams, it adjusts the system volume and the Teams volume. 
  2. If I open the windows Volume Mixer I can adjust the Teams volume independently to 25% of the system volume, making everything perfect!
  3. However, when I switch to headphones and then back to speakers, the Teams volume resets to the level of the system volume. 

Why does Windows have a separate volume control for Teams when Teams is just going to reset it whenever I switch to speakers? 

After correcting Teams volume

IHiJump_0-1649689861758.png

After switching to headphones and back to speaker

IHiJump_1-1649690011322.png

1 Reply

@IHiJump 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create