MS TEAMS - mail notification to all team/channel members for posts in specific channel

Copper Contributor

I have an Announcement channel(public) in MS Teams. I want an email to be sent to all members whenever there is a post on that channel. I understand its opposite to how it is intended to be but emails are still in demand.

I am trying MS Flow, how can I get the list of all emails from Team/channel. If required, I am the owner of the team/channel.

Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks.

3 Replies

The flow would use the connected office 365 group.

So something like.
1. when new message posted in channel (teams connector)
2. List group member (office 365 groups connector)
3. Send e-mail v3 or 2 can't remember action. Put the email field from the previous step, it'll create a loop, and you're golden.

@Chris Webb 

Could you please explain with detailed step that how can I configure my MS Team channel if I want to send real time email notifications to all the members of the channel whenever a post happen into the channel by any of the channel member.

Any kind of help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mithun Bagchi

+919538589989

You can't, since there isn't such a thing as channel members. Best you can do is create a flow on your account, and use the when new message arrives in a channel trigger. Then you can use the get members action to get members of the group (which is the Team) and then loop through those e-mail addresses and send an e-mail to them. But that will email everyone in the Team. Channel wise you cannot do.