SOLVED

Ms Teams Live Streaming, Recording & Live Events South Africa

Copper Contributor

Can someone give me a date for the servers to offer the above in South Africa.  It was promised to be up & running in July 2020, but is still not functional.  Its killing the little business I am able to generate at this critical time.

Please assist Microsoft!

10 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Joanne_Anthony Hello, you need to enable the CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowRecordingStorageOutsideRegion (which is the setting you are referring to).

This is another conversation I was involved in which can give you a better understanding as others have replied with interesting info

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-recording-availability-for-south-africa...

Can't seem to find the Message center post anymore, but I did copy/paste it at the time (end of 2020 was the date for full country support).

I did notice that one person had successfully used the CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowRecordingStorageOutsideRegion so give it a try!

Hope it helps!

@ChristianBergstrom hi there.  is live events available to use in south africa.  i don't have that options in the calendar.

@ChristianBergstrom thanks for your reply.  why is this the case?  do you know when it will be available in south africa?

Hi @nmarks245 

It was due to be up and running by end August, but was delayed.  

I now have the option to record in Ms Teams and have access to Streaming on the E3 lic package, which wasn't available in SA previously.

I'm not sure if it is dependent on the package, but it is available...Yippppeeeee!

Regards

Jo

Hi @nmarks245 

Also Live Events needs to be set up in your admin settings before you'll have access to it in Ms Teams.

Hope this helps.

Jo

@Joanne_Anthony Hi, are you saying you can use Live Events in SA-region now?

Hi @ChristianBergstrom 

Yes, I am in SA and have the option available to me from a few days ago :)

@Joanne_Anthony hi Joanne.  Thanks for the reply.  our IT guy says he has activated a trial license but live events is still not available on our "Tenant", whatever that means.  any ideas?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Joanne_Anthony Hello, you need to enable the CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowRecordingStorageOutsideRegion (which is the setting you are referring to).

This is another conversation I was involved in which can give you a better understanding as others have replied with interesting info

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-recording-availability-for-south-africa...

Can't seem to find the Message center post anymore, but I did copy/paste it at the time (end of 2020 was the date for full country support).

I did notice that one person had successfully used the CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowRecordingStorageOutsideRegion so give it a try!

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post