SOLVED

MS Teams Live events - presenters audible pre-live??

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I will soon have to host a live event in MS Teams. 
I have made some tests, but I think the attendees are able to hear the presenters even pre-live.. So presenters dial in earlier, pre-live, to align a bit before the event starts. But someone from the audience has clicked on the link and joined earlier as well.. Is there a way to mute the presenters, but not among each other, only for the audience? Or will the presenters be audible  only once the live event officially starts? 

Thank you! 

3 Replies

Hi,

If they are not muted their audio will go out to audience. You as a producer can remote-mute them but they have to un-mute themselves. 

@Linus Cansby  Thanks! But if I mute them remotely, they won't be able to hear each other as well?  We had this on the previous event app we used - pre-live we could mute presenters for the audience so they can align. I only un-muted presenters for the audience once the meeting started, that was quite useful. I guess we have to make a parallel  chat or telco...  Thanks again! 

Regards! 

best response confirmed by Nora_Tch_88 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

As long as you are pre-live you can talk with all the presenters and producers in the Live Events meeting. When you press start to send out to the audience they will hear everything you say in the meeting.

clipboard_image_0.png

You should start the meeting a couple of minutes ahead of the scheduled time so that early-joiners can see that something will start soon.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nora_Tch_88 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

As long as you are pre-live you can talk with all the presenters and producers in the Live Events meeting. When you press start to send out to the audience they will hear everything you say in the meeting.

clipboard_image_0.png

You should start the meeting a couple of minutes ahead of the scheduled time so that early-joiners can see that something will start soon.

View solution in original post