MS Teams Live event issue on iOS devices

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Looking forward for any assistance with an issue our organization is facing.

We are unable to join MS Teams Live event from iOS devices. Encountering a message: 'The live event is unavailable'.

Tried on different versions of iOS, different models of iPhone, different models of iPad. Same error.

We are able to join same live event from Android devices and computers without any issue.

Tried to uninstall the MS Teams app on iOS device and join through browser but the browser forces to install app. No option to do Online meeting on mobile devices.

IMG_8047.pngIMG_8046.png

2 Replies

@SaiPesala The organisation I work for has also encountered this problem very recently with various public events we are running. We are also unsure what the issue is. In your case it appears you joined as the organiser, which isn't supported and is documented. In our case, this is happening for attendees.

The only iOS related requirement I could find from official sources was iOS 10+. We are confident the users reporting issues on iPhones are running a much more modern version and even then iOS 10 works going back to the iPhone 5, so I don't think it's an iPhone model/iOS problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/get-started-with-microsoft-teams-live-events-d077fec2-a05...

It is unfortunate, that no one replied to this as there doesn't seem to be any information at all around the live event error and it is frustrating, knowing that iPhone users are potentially having problems with no immediate resolution available.

The live events work fine on an iPad and given iOS is shared across iPhone and iPad I'm not exactly clear on what the issue is.

Did you happen to find out anything else on this, I'm aware this was posted sometime ago now, but it would be helpful to know if you did?

@jamesmacwhite  I am also wondering if someone has solved this issue.