SOLVED

MS Teams - iPad - Adding a background crashes app.

Copper Contributor

Upon adding a virtual background when in a call on Microsoft Teams, you get the preview section, but there is no "done" button to confirm the background change.

This only happens on iPads, on an iPhone you get the "select" or "done" button to confirm.

Once the preview box comes up there is no way to end the call or click anything on the screen, you have to swipe out of the app and go back in.

So far happening on 3 devices. iPad Pro & iPad Air 2.

8 Replies

@AdSmith100  No way!!! I'm having like the exact same issue, pls advise on solution!!!!

Having the same issues here! Need a fix ASAP!!!

Have you bothered with any troubleshooting? 

If so, what has been done  @AdSmith100 

@LookAtMyMicroSoft 

I have turned the devices off & on.

There is no available update on the AppStore.

Assuming they are corporate owned devices, if so, under some form of MDM.

Have you tried a bog standard iPad that isn't enrolled?
Si son dispositivos corporativos, has probado a contactar al helpdesk de tu compañía?
Que sugerencia mas buena!! Muchisimas gracias, lo comprobare a breve !!
best response confirmed by AdSmith100 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've taken time to download the app on a personal iPad, in Microsoft's genius they've made the "Done" button in the top right hand side of the ribbon bar the same colour as the ribbon bar itself.

Just tell them to select the background they want then to press the top right hand corner of the window on the white bar and it will apply.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AdSmith100 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've taken time to download the app on a personal iPad, in Microsoft's genius they've made the "Done" button in the top right hand side of the ribbon bar the same colour as the ribbon bar itself.

Just tell them to select the background they want then to press the top right hand corner of the window on the white bar and it will apply.

View solution in original post