SOLVED

MS Teams invitation shows as plain text asking to join the meeting, instead of hyperlink

Copper Contributor

When I schedule a meeting using MS Teams APP in Windows 10 PC, the resulting invitation is received as plain text, not even showing the link, only text words "Join the MS Teams Meeting" and "Help" (I use the Spanish version). See below the text....I am unable to see or click the hyperlink.  What may be causing this?  Meeting is scheduled for another date.

________________________________________________________________________________

Unirse a reunión de Microsoft Teams

Más información sobre Teams | Opciones de la reunión ________________________________________________________________________________

12 Replies
Hmm, try this

https://www.technipages.com/outlook-change-view-html-plain-text

Is Outlook set to compose in HTML? Or just in plain text? It should be HTML

Let me know how you get on

Best, Chris

Outlook was composing in plain text. My following question is:
I am the organizer of the MS Teams invitation. Will everyone else that has the plain text option of Outlook have the same problem?
In this case, is the best solution to cancel the invitation and organizing a new one with "copy/paste" link in plain text the url address?
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Yes,

The optimal solution is to have them receive in HTML however if they won’t and only accept in plain text then copy and paste the link into an invite, or get them to simply join straight through Teams via the join button in the calendar app rather than Outlook

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@RicardoLB700 frankly the MS Teams invites are laughably bad.

A meeting invite should include as a minimum:

title:

date:

time:

link:

Somewhere, the MS Teams developers missed the memo and got this horribly, horribly wrong. Allowing customization to add your corporate logo to the invites doesn't help much if the date/time isn't in there.

@ijl20 I totally second this. The invite email must include date and time. 

@ijl20 actually teams meeting does include these from start

@tech_blog It does not, see the attachement. 

It's in Polish, but you get the idea. 

@tech_blog 

Have you ever seen the content of an email invite that MS Teams sends when you schedule a future meeting? Here is one copied from my inbox:

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Join with a video conferencing device
universityofmilwaukee@m.webex.com
Video Conference ID: 123 456 789 0

Please let me know the date/time of the meeting.

Actually I suspect MS Teams might add a proprietary attachment to the email that specifically the Outlook email or calendar client knows to look for. If so that obfuscation of the date/time of the meeting was either intentionally bad or incompetently bad.
I have this issue as well although my email default format is set to HTML.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Yes,

The optimal solution is to have them receive in HTML however if they won’t and only accept in plain text then copy and paste the link into an invite, or get them to simply join straight through Teams via the join button in the calendar app rather than Outlook

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post