MS Teams have frequent audio buffering problem on Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Copper Contributor

Environment: 

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Chip: Apple M1

Memory 8 GB

Microsoft Teams installed

Very frequently, may be every time, when I start a conversation all is fine, but suddenly my listener start laughting because I start Rapping my voice, for a strange reason a portion of my voice start repeating faster, and there is no way to resolve this issue, even if I close and restart Teams, my Rapping voice persist. The only way to go around this issue is to RESTART my Mac, and restart Teams, in this case all is fine until the next Rapping voice, that punctually happens very frequently or every time. It is really amazing !!!

5 Replies

Is possible to have some feedback form MS Teams staff ?

in this pandemic situation it's really strange that MS doesn't invest money and time for release a robust MS Teams application for Mac on M1 chip. Smart and Remote Working has been ramping up day by day, and this Topic should be prioritized on the top of the list, considering the Apple market and the grouth of M1's customers. Really a non sense this bad situation considering the un-stability of MS Teams on Mac overall and specilly on M1

best regards

Fabio

Did you every get a resolution for this? I have the same problem?

I have the very same issue, but it only started about 4-5 months ago, for about 14 months since I got this MacBook Air it was fine. I thought (hoped) it was something with my internet connection, upgraded to 1000Mbps service and still have it. Extremely frustrating, given how much Teams activity I do. @chrisward 

Exact same problem, on a new M2 Pro Mac Mini. Is there any known solution or workaround that doesn't involve multiple devices?

Never had this issue in years of using Teams on Intel Macs.

I am having this issue as well--I have to restart Teams several times during a meeting to restore the Audio quality.