SOLVED

MS Teams: Giphy Settings Content Rating "No Restriction" option missing

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

my Teams setting are missing the "No Restriction" setting  for Giphy Content Rating.

I can only choose Moderate or Strict.

I tried uninstalling the Client, but it is still not there. Happens on all my Devices. And of course on the Web Client too.

11 Replies

@PatGet I guess it is like that if the Teams admin has set the overall Content rating setting to Moderate.

Hi @PatGet

I have done an investigation and have found this in several tenants including my own. Even if the no restriction is set in the Teams Admin Centre, you don't see the option in the clients.

So I have raised a bug here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/39712132-giphy-content-ra...

Would vote to push it up the agenda. I have also raised a bug with Microsoft pointing at this uservoice. Hopefully the outcome will be they either fix this or confirm that this is an intended change and content rating is set to moderate and higher in the future with no option for no restriction

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

Best, Chris

@Par Linderoth That would be me and I did not do that.

I don't think this is same issue as Chris, we talked about this in the MVP Team, but they recently renamed the setting to "Allow All Content" in the client, admin center is still 'no restriction' but you are correct that if your admins set it to Moderate, you cannot pick a lower restriction than the setting in the messaging policy.

Ok got it

My own tenant is set to moderate in a custom messaging policy - it was the same but in the org wide defaults of the two other tenants I initially tested. Spinning up a fresh test tenant which showed 'no restrictions' in the org wide default policy showed Allow all content in the clients. As you mentioned the options which appear in the tenant reflect the minimum set in the TAC.

As said in the MVP group, there is an issue here - namely 'Restricted Content' in the TAC needs to be renamed to Allow all Content as it has inconsistent naming conventions between the TAC and the clients. Docs.com would need to be updated too.

So the workaround here for @PatGet to change the Giphy policy in the Teams Admin centre from moderate to no restrictions which should then show the option of Allow all content, (which is replacing no restrictions). Microsoft should hopefully now amend no restrictions in the Teams Admin Centre to allow all content.

That should sew it up!

Best, Chris

best response confirmed by PatGet (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PatGet IF this is Free Teams, it also does not have the "No Restriction" option for Teams settings. 

Haha who knows though! This is an undocumented change could very well of added it into Fremium in this iteration. However think we've covered both poterntial scenarios :D

Best, Chris
You can't set policies in Freemium, it's just straight not an option there, was just letting OP know since they could be using Freemium and looking at docs ;).
Ah yes very true just checked on Euro Teams which I spun up on Freemium :D. It seems weird that they wouldn't allow all content on Freemium - doesn't really make any sense reserving that for paid. Bizarre.

But that's a very creative root cause!

@Chris Webb indeed, it is a Freemium Teams. I have not seen that listed (And do not see the benefit of that restriction) anywhere. Thanks for figuring that out. Do you have a list of Freemium restrictions for me? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PatGet (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PatGet IF this is Free Teams, it also does not have the "No Restriction" option for Teams settings. 

View solution in original post