MS Teams generating wrong language code when installed in Swedish or Norwegian

Copper Contributor

MS Teams generates "Desktop-config.jason" file at "%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams" where it writes its settings to control the behavior of itself. There is an entry in this file for language to be used. Format for language is "Language code-country code". For example for English language and for US, the language code would be "en-us". Problem is when MS Teams is installed in Swedish or Norwegian, it is generating wrong language code. It should generate "sv-se" for Swedish and "nb-no" for Norwegian but it is generating "sv" for Swedish and "nb" for Norwegian. Kindly help us with this issue as we are not able to address this so far. A quick response would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Do you have any problem with the Teams functionality caused by this? 

Hi @Linus Cansby 

My Application is not working correctly because of this. My application translates MS Teams' Swedish status strings into English OR Norwegian status strings into English based on this language code received from MS Teams. My application is tightly coupled with this language code.   

When I switch from English to Swedish in my Teams client the value for currentWebLanguage is set to "sv-se" in he desktop-config.json file. I tested on two computers.

Hi @Linus Cansby 

Thanks for your reply. I have also tried on multiple systems and correct language code is being generated on each machine. Few of our customers are facing this issue and we don't have access to their systems.