MS Teams Direct Routing Redirection to Group

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

We are in the process of eliminating our on-premise SFB infrastructure.  All of our users are hosted in cloud, and we are implementing direct routing utilizing our Ribbon SBC 1000 gateways.  For individual users receiving calls from PSTN, this is working great.  However, we do have some groups and auto-attendants that we previously utilized a combination of unassigned numbers and announcement forwards in Skype for Business server to redirect the calls, for example -- 

PSTN users dials +6112345678, SBC routes those calls to legacy Skype FE\Mediation pool, where there's an unassigned number rule that catches that call and forwards it out to sip:hg_78924kja25jkldjf@mydomain.com.  The PSTN caller is connected to the Teams hunt group or auto attendant.

I'm attempting to move this logic to the SBC utilizing a transformation table that catches a call to the above number, and transforms the called number field to hg_78924kja25jkldjf@mydomain.com  and routes to my teams direct routing signaling group.  It does that...but the call fails after ring back with a 

480 Temporarily Unavailable

REASON: Q.850;cause=31;text="1e181a52-7748-4192-9023-0e888d6d26b7;No callee endpoints were found."
RECORD-ROUTE: <sip:sip-du-a-as.pstnhub.microsoft.com:5061;transport=tls;lr>
CONTACT: <sip:api-du-c-asse.pstnhub.microsoft.com:443;x-i=1e181a52-7748-4192-9023-0e888d6d26b7;x-c=8a3f01cd4cec5114ae08f03756130df1

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  

3 Replies

Are you updating both the To: and INVITE: messages? Do you have a full trace that shows the respective changes?

@James_Nelson Hi James,

"I'm attempting to move this logic to the SBC utilizing a transformation table that catches a call to the above number, and transforms the called number field to hg_78924kja25jkldjf@mydomain.com  and routes to my teams direct routing signaling group.  It does that...but the call fails"

You say users call +6112345678, so on the SBC using the transformation table, manipulate the called number +6112345678. Change it to the PSTN number of the Teams AA\CQ and then send onto the Teams Signalling Group. Called Number will then match in your tenant and callers will go to the AA\CQ.

That should do it for you. There's no need to transform it to the hg_xxx format.

Unless I'm missing something??

Regards

@James_Nelson did you find the solution for this? 

I have the exact same issue, I have tried tweaking all relevant headers but no luck so far. I even went and bought a new number from Admin panel, I can make outbound calls via DR trunk but inbound to Teams gives me this error..

REASON: Q.850;cause=31;text="0069099c-98fb-44c7-906e-f8db0af66d55;No callee endpoints were found."

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks