MS Teams crashes when I manage breakout rooms

Copper Contributor

Hi there, 

I have been an organizer of large MS Teams meetings (50-75 participants) for delivering sessions. 
Recently (Jan 2021), I incorporated the function of Breakout Rooms in the session. However, when dealing with a room of 50 participants, I faced the following problems:

1) Starting and closing breakout rooms is extremely slow (5 mins), often freezes which means half of the participants are back in the main room while other half is still stuck in their respective breakout rooms. 

2) While closing  breakout rooms, MS Teams hard crashes and automatically logs me out. Have to restart the application to get back in. 

3) While managing one such session, stopped receiving chats/messages on my side. Even though the message was delivered by the sender. 

Do these issues relate to the size of the room? Any issues with the workload on my application due to this size? 

Assistance is highly appreciated :) 

Thanks, 

Sanmit 

7 Replies

@SanmitPardeshi 

I have had similar issues. It is slowish to start the rooms, but always fails on closing them. It either hangs on "closing" on all the rooms or -- once -- all rooms showed red text that said "Failed". Only way out is to restart app. Participants stay in their rooms while this is happening.

@classicmds 

Exactly what happened with me. Still looking for possible explanation :( 

@classicmds Same here :( Last week I thought it was just a coincidence but when that happened again today (twice), I don't longer think it is "just a coincidence". Would love a solution as I will be meeting with those people for 4 more weeks and would rather not face the same issue over and over again :(

Same issue for me, any explanations/solutions?

Sure wish we had some insight into what is causing this, @Microsoft_Teams_team.

same issue for me too crashing when breakout rooms closed
Same issue for me when managing 6 breakout rooms for 40 people. MS Teams just hangs, and no one can knows what to do. I'm also running this regular meeting for the next 9 weeks so I'd like to know how the breakout room experience can be at least reasonable. @Microsoft_Teams_team