MS Teams Conversation History problem | Only Displays message not whole conversation

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I and my colleagues are now facing problem. When you are searching for message with keyword, it finds message and then the problem starts. When opening message it only displays message but dosn't open timeline on conversation list (Check image).

Is it possible to somehow to open that period in conversation list or access some archives via Teams?

2019-11-12 13_07_23-Microsoft Teams.jpg

2 Replies

Hi @Emils_Rudbahs ,

When I search in the top search bar I get the results down the left as you and clicking on it gives me the full conversation. 

Not sure why you wouldn't get all the conversation, do you have a Hybrid Exchange setup by any chance? 

Secondly are the conversations in your tenant? 

Andy

Hi @Andrew Hodges 

Thanks for quick response.

Problem occurs if messages are older that 2/3 months. Maybe Teams is meant to do that.

For SfB there was Conversation history in Outlook were you could look for older conversation so I assume that Teams would allow the same option.

I am interested if there is some option to Open conversation at that part were message was found if it what talked about months ago?

I Hope you know understand what is the problem I am facing.