ms teams audio device input channel configuration

Copper Contributor

I have a UR242 Steinberg sound interface. It has support for 4 inputs and 2 outputs.

Ms Teams by default only recognizes input 1 as a mic. Other tools allow you to change the mic entry, but in Teams I can't find input chanel configuration, only the input device.

Anybody know how to configure it?, any windows registry parameter may be?

2 Replies
I got the same issue with steinberg cl1. For desktop Teams app, i didnt find a solution yet. But i realized that it works well on chrome. try -> teams.microsoft.com

@YagizGuleryurek 

Well now I am even more perplexed. Your solution was spot on. I'm a music teacher working through remote learning (fun times) and I have been struggling to get my keyboard AND voice through my audio interface (Steinberg, UR22mkII) on Teams. Frustrating because it works so easily on Zoom AND Skype but our school is principally using Teams and we get automatic functionality with Microsoft Stream as well.

Thanks for finding out that it works in browser! You're a life saver! But now I'm authentically perplexed. If they have the ability to make it work in browser. I cannot work out why it also wouldn't work in the desktop app?

Ahh well, many thanks for finding a work around!