MS Teams as PBX for a Subsidiary

Brass Contributor

Hey guys,

glad to be a member of this community. So I have a question. We are a global company, using different phone systems in different country’s. Now one of the country’s want to use MS teams as pbx - with a 3rd party vendor for SIP connection. Now here is the thing, make it sense to connect these subsidiary to our existing tenant? Or should they have a own one for this. The problem is, we using MS teams in the rest of the world just for collaboration and chats, meeting etc. Now my concern is that they need permissions for the MS teams admin center and as far as I know - it is not possible to have a thing like a restricted area just for this subsidiary. So they can just do whatever they want and it will just affect these single subsidiary. 

Hope you understand what I mean. 

Any ideas how we can proceed with these inquiry?

4 Replies
Are users from the subsidiary already within your Tenant? Or do they have their own M365 tenant today? If they have their own, using that and adding voice would be the simplest approach if you want to ensure admin boundaries. Teams voice aside, there's probably a bigger question to answer around what your org's strategy\approach is at the Tenant level for everything M365 provides.

@Damien Margaritis I think this is the "problem". We have one tenant for our complete company. Why? Because we also using SharePoint as our global sharepoint/modern workspace strategy. So I got it, it depends on our global strategy. 

If that's the case, I would say enabling Teams voice in your existing Tenant is the way to go.

@Damien Margaritis Thanks for that :)