SOLVED

MS over my profile picture in Teams desktop app?

Brass Contributor

Hi all!

Does anyone know what the MS symbol over my profile picture means?

TomAafloen_0-1623769508847.png

I haven't figured out why or when it appears (not very often), no one else seems to know, and I haven't found anything using Bing/Google. It doesn't affect me at all, just makes me curious...

Thanks,

Tom

7 Replies
Hi Tom, when being signed into Microsoft as a Guest that is how it looks like. When I'm in their tenant I also get the "MS". So just use the tenant/org switcher to see your other orgs.
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
It's technically what Ring or build of Teams your user account is tied to. MS has it's own ring and you default to that in their tenant, but if you see that while in your tenant your account itself must be tied to a Microsoft Ring.

@Chris Webb Now that's interesting. I see the other org. name before the picture now, didn't notice that before when I replied. Anyway, I have "MS" when switching to Microsoft but not when using other tenants. Good to know! Thanks for adding to the conversation. And @TomAafloen sorry for replying in a hurry :)

Ahh, thanks for the explanation of what it is! Solved the mystery :grinning_face:

but I'm still confused over when it shows in Teams though. Today I do not see it in my tenant:

TomAafloen_1-1623916694177.png

nor when I switch over to Microsoft's tenant:

TomAafloen_0-1623916623063.png

Well, well... Maybe it's just a delay/caching thing.

Anyone know what the P symbol represents??

You’re using Teams in Public Preview.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
It's technically what Ring or build of Teams your user account is tied to. MS has it's own ring and you default to that in their tenant, but if you see that while in your tenant your account itself must be tied to a Microsoft Ring.

View solution in original post