MS office / teams via go daddy

Copper Contributor

Please help

I need to add cloud phone service to teams. The problem is my office 365 premium is purchased via go daddy. I have already spoken to them and they say I cannot add that license to my teams through them. i called microsoft support, the gentlemen said he would email me instructions to forward to go daddy. they were the same instructions all over the web that dont work because i keep getting linked back to go daddy! so frustrated!

4 Replies
You can reach out to the Go Daddy Team and request them to provide with Microsoft 365 Business Voice License. That license would give you the capability make phone services from Teams. With Regards Satish U
how do i reach them? i have tried multiple times and keep getting routed back to go daddy

Hi @jenniecollins   I found this on the Internet: GoDaddy Help Center - Contact Us

@jenniecollinsI was able to figure this out if you're still interested. Don't bother calling GoDaddy, they said the same to me.

You can go to Microsoft's Teams Phone website, click on "Try free for one month" or "Buy now." You should be able to go through that process and have it work.

One snafu I ran into was setting up the service numbers. You need the free "Microsoft Teams Phone Standard – Virtual User" licenses. These did not get added automatically for me. Navigate to the URL https://admin.microsoft.com/catalog?adminportal=0. You can add the virtual user licenses from this screen. It will also allow you to purchase the Teams Phone licenses for users there too.