SOLVED

MS 365 Business Voice - Sorry we couldn't connect you

Copper Contributor

HI,

I'm an admin I have enabled myself with an "MS 365 Business Voice" license.  If I try to call a landline it tries to call and after half a second gives the error "Sorry we couldn't connect you."

This happens on the Desktop app and Web App.  For some reason, I also have access to an "MS 365 Phone System - Virtual User" license but doesn't not like both being selected at once.  See screenshots.

Any ideas.  Why does it no tell me what the problem is...

I want to make Landline calls OUT not IN

2021-05-05_17-55-59.png2021-05-05_17-54-39.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
The "Virtual User" license is used for Call Queues and Auto Attendant resource accounts. They shouldn't be assigned to regular users.

It's hard to see what's going wrong with a little more details. For example, are you calling premium numbers? What happens with toll free numbers? Do you have a number assigned to the user making the call?

After attempting a call, tap ctrl+alt+shift+1, it'll create log files in your Downloads folder. Take a look at the "MSTeams Diagnostics Log <date>.txt", look for the number you dialed, and see if there are any more details in the logs. You could also open a ticket with Microsoft.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
The "Virtual User" license is used for Call Queues and Auto Attendant resource accounts. They shouldn't be assigned to regular users.

It's hard to see what's going wrong with a little more details. For example, are you calling premium numbers? What happens with toll free numbers? Do you have a number assigned to the user making the call?

After attempting a call, tap ctrl+alt+shift+1, it'll create log files in your Downloads folder. Take a look at the "MSTeams Diagnostics Log <date>.txt", look for the number you dialed, and see if there are any more details in the logs. You could also open a ticket with Microsoft.

View solution in original post