Moving TEAMs across different domains

Microsoft

Hi All,

If a customer moves from an onmicrosoft domain to a new company domain is there a way to move their Chat history across?

Customer is migrating their One.com server to Exchange online and have been using the free Teams Exploratory version of Teams even though they have M365 Bus Premium. After the Exchange migration they would like to move everyone to this new paid version of Teams moving from the onmicrosoft domain name to @companyname.dk but don't want to lose the history. I can't find any info on this. I know you can archive a Teams group so it becomes read only and you always keep your onmicrosoft as domain default but how they will interact or is this even remotely possible?

3 Replies
Are they moving to a different tenant? If so, you will need to plan a migration project and use a third party migration tool

Thanks for reply - if they weren't using a different tenant, what would be the options available-? They are currently using free version of TEAMs but switching to full version now @Juan Carlos González Martín 

I'm experiencing the same difficulty, did you manage to solve this problem to move the teams?