Moving/Copying Files from SharePoint to Private Team Channels

Copper Contributor

How do you move files from SharePoint Online to a Private Channel in Teams?

When you look in the move/copy panel you can see the Team and it's standard channels but not the private channels, i assume this is because the private channel is essentially a standalone site collection, how do i pick up the private channel?

8 Replies

@OlliePet the easiest way from my point of view is to use the synchronization feauture in SharePoint. So when you sync both Document Libarys top your client you can do drag and drop the files form the sharepoint ro the Private Channel.

Hope that helps.

@Pete32 unfortunately these users have their local drives pointing back to a central server so they can't use the sync function.

Have you tried to use the Copy function in SharePoint instead of using Teams one?

@Juan Carlos González Martín i'm trying from SP, the copy/move function launch the same panel to select your site/library from.

@OlliePet Thanks for bringing this up, I have same issue.

@BCH_SJ 

After clicking move, do you see the option to Browse Sites?  I can see private channels from this option and can move items to them from SharePoint.

I see now that the private channels appear separate from the non-private channels. I am able to copy my documents Thank you@PeterRising 

@BCH_SJ - Glad that it works for you.

@OlliePet  - does the same work for you?