SOLVED

Missing Several Features

Copper Contributor

I've had to install the Windows 10 version of Microsoft Teams and I've noticed compared to the instructional videos, there are several features missing (the Teams tab for one is non-existent in the left side-bar among other features; more importantly, the meeting options are missing the feature to control chat). Attached are screenshots to show the problem I'm having. How do I get these features up and running?

Toolbar is barebonesToolbar is barebonesThese are the only two options available to me.These are the only two options available to me.

4 Replies
Hi,
The settings you have when scheduling a Teams meeting are governed by the meetings policies set up by an Admin. It seems you have very restrictive meeting policies in place

Thank you@Juan Carlos González Martín for taking the time to reply.

Would you know if having more privileges would be linked to having a business suite vs a free suite by any chance? I am unsure if the IT department which handles our e-mails for log-in would have Admin related information if they haven't bought into the package though I'll try to ask them as well.

best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Well,
If you have Teams Free, that might answer why you are not seeing all the options available for Teams meetings
Alright. that makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much for your time.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Well,
If you have Teams Free, that might answer why you are not seeing all the options available for Teams meetings

View solution in original post