SOLVED

Missing send button in chat in teams app on Android

Copper Contributor

I have just tried to send a message in the app on my phone, only to notice that the send button is missing! I can type and navigate all the menus, just no send button. It worked fine last week, but the update seems to have removed the send button or put it off screen. Is anyone else having the same issue? 

41 Replies
I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?
Same issue here.. Teams is obviously useless without a send button. Please solve asap

I have the same issue. If I use quick replies those will go through. The Attach and Send on a picture works as well. Otherwise I have no way of sending a typed reply.

I am having the exact same issue. SamsungS20 Android

same here on my Moto G. No problems running the Android teams app on my Chromebook

Apparently some people were able to get the Send button back by going to the phone settings and changing the display screen resolution / zoom level. However, this has not worked for our user (Galaxy S10).

See this also: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/unable-to-send-chat-in-teams-on-samsung-galaxy... 

Resolution from FHD to HD did not resolve. But I can now just barely see the left edge of the button, so this does appear to be on the right track.
I read the link you attached and tried the Screen Zoom adjustment mentioned and that resolved the issue. Thank you!
Screen Zoom

@RonMason Hey Ron, I'm glad it's fixed for you. That's interesting, how do you get that Screen Zoom to show up?! I don't have a Samsung personally, so I can't check it myself. I thought I'd done it all by going into Settings > Display and everything; I'm not sure how you got to see the Screen Zoom within Teams itself? From Settings, the Screen Zoom was also set to the lowest/smallest as well, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

It was under display settings. Maybe try searching it for your phone type. Can you search zoom in settings?

@RonMason Thanks Ron for your quick help! But unfortunately it did not work for me, since it seems like our phone's settings are different. I got hold of the phone again (an S10), and the "Screen Zoom" (Font size and style) is actually under Settings > Visibility Enhancement. Changing this to its lowest did nothing. Also, our "test" text for the Screen Zoom is different too -- I thought I was looking at your Teams messages at first, but it was actually the Screen Zoom text.

MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

I suppose I'll need to wait for Microsoft for an update. Glad it is fixed for you, though!

Why hasn't anyone with MS addressed this here??

Same issue. Samsung S20+

This is a serious issue! I can't reply to my teams when critical issues occur!!! Unless I have computer nearby or I setup a text group. Which defeats the purpose of having teams!
This fixed it for me on my S10. I dropped one level of zoom and it showed the microphone. When I typed in chat, microphone changed to the send button.
I'm having the same exact issue. Worked last week and now it does not.
Worked for my S10
best response confirmed by heatherwalker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

UPDATE:

After experimenting with the screen resolution settings in the Samsung settings menu I discovered that a) changing the resolution does not fix it but b) changing screen zoom does. Mine apparently was fully "zoomed in". Zooming out slightly shows that the send button had fallen off the right hand side of the screen. Annoyingly zooming out also makes the font really small for everything so I still have to have the button cut off slightly to make reading things on my phone possible, but I can now access the send button. 

TL;DR: on Samsung S10+ search for "screen resolution" in your settings, then crank the screen zoom down a little May work for other Samsungs.

Goto the display and brightness, then text and display size. Set display size to default.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by heatherwalker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

UPDATE:

After experimenting with the screen resolution settings in the Samsung settings menu I discovered that a) changing the resolution does not fix it but b) changing screen zoom does. Mine apparently was fully "zoomed in". Zooming out slightly shows that the send button had fallen off the right hand side of the screen. Annoyingly zooming out also makes the font really small for everything so I still have to have the button cut off slightly to make reading things on my phone possible, but I can now access the send button. 

TL;DR: on Samsung S10+ search for "screen resolution" in your settings, then crank the screen zoom down a little May work for other Samsungs.

View solution in original post