Missing "Join" button in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

The "Join" button is missing in my neighbor's Microsoft Teams. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it still doesn't show. I've tried using a smartphone and it works there. Trying it in the MS Teams browser version, it doesn't let her log in. 

I've tried logging in her account in my PC and it works, also the browser version works too. Everything works on my end except her PC. 

The photos attached are from her PC and the other one is my PC.

14 Replies

Hi @enrcs_ ,

So it looks like a Meet Now meeting bound to a channel from the screenshot. So the first prerequisite which I am sure you have covered off, is that the people needing to join the meeting will need to be Members of the respective Team that houses the Channel that the Meet Now is bound to.

Also with you saying that it works fine with your neighbours account on another device than here own, then all would be well permissions wise.

Which brings us to the problem, of account issue on a single device. So probably more of a device issue as it works on yours.

In the first instance have you tried things like flushing out any cached credentials from Windows Credential Manager or Clearing Browser Cache. Short of doing this, have you tried on your neighbours machine going into an InPrivate browser window and trying from there, that way it should not pick up on any existing stored credentials.

Is your Neighbour by any chance part of any other Teams Orgs?

Also thinking more about this did you say that on your Neighbours device they can see the meeting and are in the channel etc. They just have no Join? But the same account on your machine you do see a Join?

When on your Neighbours machine and if you can see the meeting but not Join, does the account icon in the top right reflect the expected account that has been added as a Member of the Team? I know it is not easy to tell in the Client, but you may have more joy in the browser version.

Thanks

Henry

Hi @HenryPhillipsNimbitech. Thank you for replying!

"In the first instance have you tried things like flushing out any cached credentials from Windows Credential Manager or Clearing Browser Cache. Short of doing this, have you tried on your neighbours machine going into an InPrivate browser window and trying from there, that way it should not pick up on any existing stored credentials."

- I flushed out cached credentials from Windows Credential Manager and cleared the browser cache too. I also tried different browsers. I tried InPrivate browser window and it doesn't let my Neighbour's account sign in for some reason, see attached pictures.  (I've tried signing in her account on my machine and it successfully signs in.) I've also tried accessing Teams in http://portal.office.com but it still loops back to "We couldn't sign you in". 

Is your Neighbour by any chance part of any other Teams Orgs?

Just one Org.

Also thinking more about this did you say that on your Neighbours device they can see the meeting and are in the channel etc. They just have no Join? But the same account on your machine you do see a Join?

Yes, they can see the meeting and are in the channel but there's no Join. However, the same account on my machine it does have a Join button.

When on your Neighbours machine and if you can see the meeting but not Join, does the account icon in the top right reflect the expected account that has been added as a Member of the Team? I know it is not easy to tell in the Client, but you may have more joy in the browser version.

Yes it is the account.

Thanks,

Elaine

Hi,

Not sure then. Might be worth looking through some other similar posts to see if anything rings true or helps. I will comeback if I find anything myself also.

It could also be a Teams Outlook Add In issue, I suppose that resonates with an issue seen on a specific machine. So I would check the Outlook version, however that doesn't necessarily explain the web issue or the looping issue, which sounds like an authentication issue.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/missing-quot-join-quot-button-in-microsoft-te...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/join-button-for-meeting-not-showing-for-teams...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/no-join-button-teams-outlook-add-in/m-p/11176...

Thanks

Henry

Hello @HenryPhillipsNimbitech!

So I've come up with a last resort solution and it's a clean installation of Windows 10 to my neighbour's machine. The "Join" button is now showing and I can also access the web version of Teams. 

Thank you,

Elaine

hi @enrcs_ I am facing the same problem since few weeks. There is no join button and I cant login in the browser version of teams. I have my online classes everyday and I have to request my teacher to add me in the meeting.  I am currently using windows 10 and I just wanted to ask how did you fix the problem? 

Hi, @jagdev0. I have fixed the problem by reformatting my neighbor's PC. 

You can search in Youtube on how you can do this. I personally followed this Youtube video from Richard Tech How to Reinstall/Clean Install Windows 10 - YouTube. I hope you can fix yours too! :)

@enrcs_ 

I had the same exact problem, no join button and can't sign in to my account from the browser.

surprisingly, the solution is check your time zone settings and make sure that selected time zone matches yours. 

Certainly you don't need to reset your computer and reinstall windows. 

WOW ! Can't appreciate more, thank you so much ! How come solution was that easy and obvious haha

@enrcs_ When creating a meeting habilitate the button (in your case just edit the meeting):

teams.png

Happy to help :)

@Mohammad1200 Well I changed the time zone to US And CA (which is where i am) and there is still no join button. Help?!

@Mohammad1200 

Thank You So much Dear. Perfect answer I have adjusted my time zone and my problem get solved. Earlier I have tried doing all other option but unable to reach the exact goal. Thank for suggesting Time Zone issue everyone use to neglect that particular option while installing OS but it matters a lot.

Once again thanks.

Lovely Singh.

Where do I update the timezone settings?
Thank you in advance.
Thanks man. I've been searching for a solution for hours now. I disabled automatic time zone and sat it manually and restarted the program and now everything is working jusst fine.