SOLVED

Missing 'Privacy' drop down field when creating a channel

Copper Contributor

I'm currently the Team Owner and it's missing in the phone app, web version, and desktop app. What am I missing here? It's probably obvious. I'm trying to create a secure/private channel for sensitive information within the main team. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.4689 (64-bit)

This is what I currently see:

Tony_Mekelburg_0-1646942476458.png

I should see:

Tony_Mekelburg_1-1646942524970.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Can you create them for any Team? If not, then it's probably not enabled. The setting is kind of hidden in Teams Admin center under Teams > Teams Policies. Then Select a policy that will be or is assigned to your user account. Then on the right pane you'll see the Tick box for "Create Private Channels" This will need to be on for that policy which should be assigned to your user account.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Can you create them for any Team? If not, then it's probably not enabled. The setting is kind of hidden in Teams Admin center under Teams > Teams Policies. Then Select a policy that will be or is assigned to your user account. Then on the right pane you'll see the Tick box for "Create Private Channels" This will need to be on for that policy which should be assigned to your user account.

View solution in original post