Missing Navigation bar on the left

Copper Contributor

Hi,

1 of my users logs onto Microsoft Teams using the App or Chrome and the navigation bar on the left does not have Activity, Chat, Teams, Calendar, Calls, Files.

I have checked his profile against others and they are all the same, I have removed Teams from his laptop and relevant files and reinstalled and still no good, when i logon as his account on another laptop and use the app or web app it does the same. So the issue is his O365 profile, I have checked it everywhere on the O365 portal and Teams Admin Portal and cannot see anything different. Plus Teams always loads with the help screen and i cannot seem to get out of it. Please see attached screenshot.

16 Replies
Not the first one I’ve seen today! Lots of issues with Teams today! Keep an eye in the message center if you have access there

@adam deltinger 

It has sorted itself, must have been a Microsoft Teams issue then.

Thank you.

@sdewis I was testing this out yesterday 03/23/20 and we had a couple of employees that didn't have that either.  Any new trick or didn't it resolved itself?

Hi@Npetes 

It was a Microsoft issue and it resolved itself

Thanks

hello  I am not too sure how this site works but ...

I have a left navigation bar but the calendar app is not there.  I have clicked on the apps icon on the navigation bar but it is not there either.

Might you suggest how to get the calendar app on the navigation bar?

Thanks!

@sdewis 

Hi @legeorge 

Are you using Teams as an admin for an organisation? or for your own use?

If you are using it as an Admin you can open The Teams Admin portal and the calendar could be turned off as a policy. Under Team Apps, Setup Policies.

Thanks

@sdewis 

Hi. 

Intermittently, I find that my Teams navigation items on the left fail to function. That is, if I'm in a chat and want to go back to other chats, the chat list not appear. I click around to see if it's a focus issue but to no effect. I then exit Teams and come back in and the functionality returns.

Same condition applies to the list of Teams of which I am a member.

Restarting Teams resolves...until the next time.

I'm using a Mac with Catalina 10.15.5. Had same issue with earlier OSX versions. Running the Teams client. 

Marden

i'm on a support desk and googled this for a caller and eventually worked out that from the office 365 portal rendering the way they needed, it was a local client issue as we're not getting calls from anyone else, so used the old ctrl+scrollwheel trick and that was the fix, it was zoomed in too much, she was unaware the "how" bit now fine and she'll use this in other Apps for quick view changes

for me: solved :) @mardster13 

@Dave_Read this worked! Thank you!!

@mardster13 i'm having the same issue but i 'quit' teams and reopen and it is still not resolved.  did you find a permanent fix?

@rubyjanec 

Hi. I've not encountered the problem for a while now. It seems to have gone away. The exit / return process worked when the error condition existed -- it was a temporary fix -- but with later releases of Teams I've not encountered the problem.

thank you so much @mardster13 

This issue is killing me I managed to use the web version in my organization. Still trying to find a solution for my desktop application. The experience on this si super poor the fact you don't have a way / menu to change view a side-bar is highly frustrating when you are trying to put out fires.

@legeorge is your mailbox on cloud or on prem?

old and a bump really, but do you still have this problem, have you tried ctrl+mouse-wheel? it was a zoom issue for me and a few workers that this trick fixed it for. using it as an app snapped to the left of a wide-screen monitor, sometimes it's zoomed in to far and the app restricts views to the popped out items.
i'm on a support desk and googled this for a caller and eventually worked out that from the office 365 portal rendering the way they needed, it was a local client issue as we're not getting calls from anyone else, so used the old ctrl+scrollwheel trick and that was the fix, it was zoomed in too much, she was unaware the "how" bit now fine and she'll use this in other Apps for quick view changes

for me: solved :)