SOLVED

Mirrored screen in meeting

Copper Contributor

I'd like to broadcast a lecture with external cameras and the presenter screen but I just get it all in mirrored screens. 
Where do I change this settings in Teams/ W10?

33 Replies

@wenwen822 Yes, your viewers will see everything the right way round.

@Steven Collier  Thanks Steven , I just tried it with 2 monitors and weirdly it works. The letters show up correctly on the monitor where I'm not presenting:)

@JimScalise Lord.  Ditto. This virtual teaching is a real nightmare sometimes.  Thanks Jim.  

@JimScalise I agree. I'm trying to use backgrounds with text that I want to read. Nearly impossible to do when it's backwards! 

@BFischer290 Totally agree - a preview should show whats visible, not a mirrored preview which is what this is!

@Ola Henningsson 

I would recommend a program from ultramon.com.   It would require a second monitor, but you can flip the screen so it reverses again.  Along with the monitor, the software is $39.95 US, but is well worth it.  I use it for a flat screen monitor and my teleprompter, but it would work for this purpose too.

@Linus Cansby So... your answer is that it is reversed on our screen 'for the ease of use of users' - even though we are quite literally telling you it is not in any way easing our use? Maybe its been fine for your business users up to now who just sit online pontificating and waffling, but guess what: you now have hundreds of thousands of teachers worldwide telling you that it is frustrating, off-putting and utterly, utterly pointless. So, stop making excuses - we don't want to hear how you won't do anything - do you job, and change it. And, if by any chance this is one of those infamous forums where the respondents turn out to not actually work at Microsoft and are there to simply gatekeep problems away from the company responsible: pass on the message to someone who can!

@immediate They simply can't be bothered. Why would they when they already have our money?

It is beyond belief that I can't change this mirror setting. It is almost impossible to present physical items and read them when all I can see is the mirror image. Unless this is fixed I will have to find a completely different software package to manage my meetings. This is ridiculous! Do these statements go anywhere at Microsoft, or am I just wasting time?

Have you tried zoom ?
Its normal to you and normal to users. Its just a feature . We get that Teams shows fine to the viewer, but we are all asking for a feature to ALSO see it correct to self.

When I turn on my camera, I do not see myself mirrored. My video is mirrored to everyone else

@all

The solution I found was to edit the photo with Paint and flip the image horizontally.

When applying some background, look for the edited image and include and that's it.

It doesn't solve the mirror issue of our actions (ie your right hand will appear as your right hand and vice versa) but at least the company logo will appear correct.

@JimScalise I suggest the MS developers check out how Zoom handles this. Zoom allow you to unmirror your image which only effects how you see yourself, not how the other attendees see you.  This then means that any additional camera also shows up correctly both for the host and participants.  At least that has been my experience.

@Linus Cansby  you idiot