SOLVED

Mine and the other participant's camera doesn't show up for the host

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I attempted to host a meeting as a test today, and I was unable to see both my camera and the camera view of the other person. However, the other person can see mine. When looking at where my own camera should be, it's a grey rectangle. Where the other person's camera should be, it shows their initials in a circle.

When that person shares their screen, it also does not come up. Instead also coming up as their initials in a circle.

Upon further testing, this is only happening on our Windows 11 PCs when they are the host. So far I have tested several things, including:

- Checking for updates,

- Gone back to previous versions,

- Checked drivers,

- Checked task manager for anything that could be using the camera

- Checked the camera privacy settings

- Checked the Teams settings

- Checked the cache for Teams

14 Replies

@Jess_H Is it multiple laptops?

It perhaps sounds to me like a network issue, are you sure that all the required network ports are open ? A good way to test is to connect your device to an open simple network like a home broadband.

@Steven Collier 

I have the same problem with Windows 11 on my HP Pavilion. I am in a call with two other people and can only see a back screen with the initials od the others in a circle. My picture isn't showing in the bottom right corner, just a darker square. One of the other participants is also having the same problem while the third can see both of us (they're using an i-pad.).  I have taken a screen shot but not sure how to attach it to this reply.

@Steven Collier 

I've managed to rule that out. Upon further testing at my workplace and with remote employees. We have managed to narrow it down to a possible bad Teams update for the Windows 11 app. We saw that it worked perfectly for the Windows 10 version of the app, but the newest Teams update for Windows 11 shows the issue.

I did attempt to go back to a previous version of Teams. While it did allow me to see myself, the issue persisted if the second participant was on Windows 11. And having them also join on the previous version of Teams doesn't load the app after the link was clicked.

My workplace has the same issue for all their Windows 11 PCs, we believe it's a faulty update for the Windows 11 version of Teams. I did attempt to go back to a previous version of Teams. While it did allow me to see myself, the issue persisted if the second participant was on Windows 11. And having them also join on the previous version of Teams doesn't load the app after the link was clicked.

So at the moment I don't see there being a fix until the app is updated

Hi I'm also having the same issue. Attendees to my meetings can't see my video and also I'm unable to share content. Has anyone opened a support ticket, is this a known issue?
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

Same here, chatted yesterday with someone on the support chat and she said it's a know bug on windows 11 app and that they would launch un update soon to fix it. I also lost video feed of me and others some days ago and tried everything to fix it, but it just doesn't work. webcam works just fine on web app (but it's very limited) and all other conference apps work fine, it's a Teams bug.

Btw i can share desktop just fine, i just can't see video at all, mine or from others. But the webcam it's working because the red light (it's a logitech) it's on.

Really huge bug, but like i said, someone told me yesterday that they are working on a fix. 

Hi, From what I've learned, this is a known bug, and they are looking to get it fixed as soon as possible
Hi, it's great to know that they are on it! I'm surprised such a big bug was able to go through. For me its both share screen and camera, and my camera shows that its in use
Any feedback on when this will be fixed? I can't use Teams just now because of these issues and so my meetings are now using Google. Many thanks.
Checking on the status of that fix.

@roman_frillarte hi, it started working 2 days ago. I believe it was some server side update. 

I did a reset to the app on the windows settings and then it worked. 

in the remove apps part, search for teams, go to “andvanced options” (or something like that) and there you have the option to reset the app. Try it 

It also seems to be working again for me. Still validating everything. Thanks for the update.

Very glad to hear it, @dmcpg and @ruimoura ! 

@ruimoura  Thanks all for the updates and it's good to know that it's not an issue personal to me/my laptop. Does the "fix" work anywhere? I'm in the UK so just wondering, before I try it, whether it's available here.

Hopefully we'll have sound and vision restored shortly

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution

Same here, chatted yesterday with someone on the support chat and she said it's a know bug on windows 11 app and that they would launch un update soon to fix it. I also lost video feed of me and others some days ago and tried everything to fix it, but it just doesn't work. webcam works just fine on web app (but it's very limited) and all other conference apps work fine, it's a Teams bug.

Btw i can share desktop just fine, i just can't see video at all, mine or from others. But the webcam it's working because the red light (it's a logitech) it's on.

Really huge bug, but like i said, someone told me yesterday that they are working on a fix. 

View solution in original post