SOLVED

Migrating data from free Microsoft Teams account to Teams in O365

Iron Contributor

Is it possible to migrate the data from a free personal Microsoft Teams account to Teams business account in O365?

3 Replies

@AtanasM Hello, you can upgrade from a Teams free organization and keep everything intact, if that's what you're asking.

Manage the free version of Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

@ChristianJBergstrom this option can be used when you don't have already Microsoft 365 tenant and you should activate a tenant and subscription for the first time. I am asking for existing business accounts in an existing tenant.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

*edit*

Perhaps misunderstood here. Not that clear to be honest.. You cannot migrate personal Teams data to a business account, nothing I am aware of. Perhaps via third-party tools.

Adding this on the topic Export or delete your Teams data (microsoft.com) but there's no way to import that to a business account.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

*edit*

Perhaps misunderstood here. Not that clear to be honest.. You cannot migrate personal Teams data to a business account, nothing I am aware of. Perhaps via third-party tools.

Adding this on the topic Export or delete your Teams data (microsoft.com) but there's no way to import that to a business account.

View solution in original post