Migrate S4B on-prem to Teams Direct Routing; setup auto-attendant

Copper Contributor

Following scenario:

Linked my AudioCodes M1000 SBC with Teams

Moving accounts from On-prem to Teams. accounts have a 10 digit extensions: 444-123-3xxx

some accounts have US DID's, which my SBC manipulates the routing for to change header from the DID to the 10digit extension, and send calls to Teams

we have auto-attendant on S4B on-prem, using US toll free number.

this is is all working fine. my Team's users can make outbound calls through the SBC, and we can receive inbound calls for the accounts that have DID's.

However, my auto-attendant and receptionists are on S4B on-prem.

How do I migrate my auto-attendant to Teams?

I don't want to port my Toll free # to Microsoft.

Currently, I believe, Direct Routing does not support "service" numbers.

so how do I setup auto-attendant on Teams to work with our Toll-free number that is assigned to the SIP trunk that connects to my SBC?

3 Replies

Hi,

You can assign Direct Routing numbers to Call Queues and Auto Attendants in Teams. What you have to do is to create a resource account and assign the number to that account and then route that number to Teams in your SBC.

I wrote about it here

https://www.lync.se/2019/05/direct-routing-numbers-in-call-queues-and-auto-attendant/

@Linus Cansby 

Hi Linus, thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it.

Your article is very helpful, and I was able to setup the resource account with a DID, route that DID from our SBC to Teams, and create an auto-attendant.

Dialing the DID gets me into the AA, however:

I created a simple AA that would send the call to the operator, and selected myself as the "person in organization".

AA answers the call, but it never rings on my Teams. no ringtone, nothing, just dies after a while.

nothing stands out in the SIP call ladder either. see attached.

any idea?

forgot to mention, in SIP ladder the Call termination reason is "Release Because RTP Connection Broken".

Other calls work just fine, I have a public DID associated with my account, that my SBC translates into my 10digit private extension. we use range 4441233xxx.  and I can call, and receive calls just fine.