Mictosoft Teams chat window crashes when chatbot conversation is opened

Copper Contributor

I am developing Microsoft Teams chatbot. Users can start intercating with chat bot only when it is added to Team via apps. Everything works fine when app is added to only one team, however, when I create second team and install the chat bot to the team, Microsoft Teams desktop app suddently starts to crash when chat window is openned. This error does not happen to all of team's users and may not also happen for user who adds the second app. Adaptive cards are used for communication.
I have found temporary fix by clearing the Microsoft Teams cache file at %APPDATA%, but that is not a sollution because I can not clear other users' local cache data.
I started getting compaints from users since last Microsft Teams update in december.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

EDIT: App needs to be added to team to get all user data, after that users interact with the app only through private(personal) conversation.

20 Replies
Hello,
Could you please elaborate what exacly will be fixed, was the problem in Microsfot Teams client or bot framework or adaptive cards or power automate (since we do not use power automate and issue could still be active for us)? I would also like to know what will be the version number of the rollout, so I could contact clients and tell them to update to corresponding version.
Thank you for helping with this issue