SOLVED

Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

When a user clicks on an office phone number within an email, it takes them to open Teams. When I try it, it takes me to "how do you want to open this"? Ideas?

3 Replies
And if you pick teams it keeps asking? If so I’d check file type associations. Should be able to search in start bar in windows. Then assign sip and tel: protocols to Teams. Might be another but I think that should do it.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Cisco905 

You need to associate the Tel URI with Microsoft Teams Application. Select Microsoft Teams as the default option and everything should be fixed for you. 

Otherwise like Chris mentioned you need to associate the tel URI with the Microsoft Teams Application.

With Regards,

Satish U

@Chris Webb 

Sorry, but what file association should that be?   I can only do desktop work not behind the scenes telephone support.  Thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Cisco905 

You need to associate the Tel URI with Microsoft Teams Application. Select Microsoft Teams as the default option and everything should be fixed for you. 

Otherwise like Chris mentioned you need to associate the tel URI with the Microsoft Teams Application.

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post