Microsoft Teams video recordings

Copper Contributor

How can I get my recordings to show only me in the recordings. I'm having split screens or multiple screens of the meeting participant initials on the recordings as shown on my attachment. 

3 Replies

@blk123 

You have 2 options here.

1. Produce through Live Events. This will allow you to control what is shown on the screen to a single camera / screen.
2. Utilize OBS and full screen project OBS output to a 2nd monitor and Share this 2nd monitor during the meeting. I have an example in my Presentation I did during TeamsFest last week. The only draw back is the quality can be a bit sketchy with lower framerate on a screen share since they have been scaling back performance due to system load. I was presenting to a different region overseas datacenter as well, so results may very. When I tested with myself it looked fine.

3. Same as 2 except you can use Virtual Cam plugin in OBS to replace your webcam in Teams to the OBS Output. This is fairly easy and doesn't require a 2nd monitor. I cover it in the above video briefly as well. The difference is you have more steps to Share System audio in this method if need, but if not it's probably easier to utilize. 

I'm a teacher so this seems too much extra for me to do. Is there an option on teams that only records the outgoing video of me teaching so I can share that with students who missed the session? The only recordings I get have the participants names and initials. I believe there are some privacy issues there. I would rather just record myself teaching.
Just use Calendar > Meet Now and record it with just yourself in it.

I think that will record your video feed if you are the only one and your screen when you share.

If not then you will have to just schedule a Calendar > New > Live Event. And use Teams as the producer. There are a few steps involved like "Starting" the live event, and clicking to push your content to the main window, but it's not that big a deal. This recording can then be shared via Stream when it's done processing after you stop the event.