SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Rooms Reporting

Copper Contributor

We need to report the usage of our Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTRoW and MTRoA). Is there any possibility to get the Microsoft Teams Meeting participant count from all Teams Rooms from the last 30 Days? I would appreciate any help or tips.

10 Replies
As far as I've seen, there isn't a way to pull a report that just shows Teams Rooms (which is a bit baffling in my opinion). You'll need to pull a User Activity report and filter it to see the Teams Rooms. Hopefully you used a standard naming convention for those accounts!
Depending on the MTR hardware installed you might have better luck at their monitoring platforms. So, for Crestron that would be Fusion or XIO-Cloud, for Logi it would be Sync and so on...
Thanks for your replies! One thing that comes to my mind is a custom powerbi report within M365 usage analytics. But i haven't tried it yet.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Yeah, those platforms seem to be more robust currently (specifically speaking of XiO as it's what I have experience with). But getting creative with the Teams Admin Center data also doesn't incur any additional costs, so that's the benefit for some.
That's what I'm playing around with currently. I'm new to PowerBI though so it's slow going.
my latest idea: I'm trying to add a fake department attribute to all MTR accounts, perhaps this will allow me to report the meeting participant count in the M365 usage analytics reports.
Let me know if that works - not that you should have to do it since the Teams Admin Center knows what accounts are for Teams Rooms. It's really crazy that MS didn't think people would want to look at Room Usage differently than personal usage LOL
I'm working in a large enterprise, it can take a few days (or weeks) to get the permission to add a new department value :) But i will post the results here
I am pulling my hairs trying to figure that out as well. TAC and Pro portal both have the all the information, but neither one provides the ability to export the information to excel or CSV format, so you could pull it into power bi and create your own utilization report.
I have tried it. But the "User activity report" doesn't have any Teams room's information. So, we could not filter it. Maybe we have to find another solution.
Thanks for your suggestion.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Yeah, those platforms seem to be more robust currently (specifically speaking of XiO as it's what I have experience with). But getting creative with the Teams Admin Center data also doesn't incur any additional costs, so that's the benefit for some.

View solution in original post