Microsoft Teams Rooms Managed Services: Teams Rooms (Android) / MTRoA

Brass Contributor

We are progressing with the deployment of several MTRoA amongst are already existing MTRoW. We will have MTRoA in executive offices and small chat rooms, and MTRoW in meeting rooms and large collaboration spaces and training rooms. We have invested Teams Rooms Premium licensing and need to monitor and manage the MTRoA devices within our Microsoft Teams Rooms Managed Services tenant.

I was under the impression that Microsoft Teams Rooms Managed Services for MTRoA was planned for GA in Q1 2022, but looking at the M365 roadmap it appears to now be December 2022. Is there a Private Preview we can enroll in so that we can get access to this service?

7 Replies

@Therese_Solimeno thanks for replying, although I’m not sure that’s applicable in this particular case. My understanding is that this is a private preview and not public preview. Also it’s related to Teams for MTRs, not a traditional Teams Client.

thanks

Hello Paul, a definite "me too" on this one. And now, it is the Microsoft Teams Room-Pro license which is being wasted. The collaboration bars in appliance mode running Android are great and simple, but we need (as you wrote) support from Microsoft with this.

As recent as 11-Oct-2022, Microsoft is saying this on this webpage.

Margosd_0-1666724218039.png

- David

@Margosd 

- The page  Microsoft Teams Room Pro management   was updated 04-Jan-2023 to indicate "coming in 2023".  So much for 2022.    We pay so much for the Pro license and with Android there continues to be very little benefit.   

Margosd_0-1673355345431.png

@Paul Cook  , I noticed today on the Microsoft Teams Room Pro Dashboard that MTRoa is now supported.  I have not yet tried, but will soonest. - David

Margosd_0-1676290999782.png

@Paul Cook  - Magically today, my MTRoA rooms ALL appeared in the Microsoft Teams Pro Management Portal.   Oh happy day!

Margosd_0-1676401445201.png

Hi @Margosd, did you need to do anything on the end point or did they just appear in the portal?

I have setup a neat.bar two days ago, with a Teams Pro license but it has not appeared.