SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Room MTR - you'll need a new app to open this skype-mrx

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

Intel NUC with Logitech TAP

Error you'll need a new app to open this skype-mrx

The popup is blocking the MTR from signing in, its currently happening on 2 devices, will troubleshoot and update, unless someone has any hints/tips

Error.png

26 Replies
As this issue struck while we were trying to deploy these Logitech Tap kits for the first time we ended up doing the following:

1. Start up from Logitech Factory Image which included Windows 10 20H2, Teams App 4.9.12.0 and Teams Admin Agent 2021.7.16.2
2. Manually ran MTR Offline Updater to 4.12.138.0
3. Ran Windows drivers and quality updates
4. Ran Windows feature update to Windows 10 21H2 build 1706
5. Installed manually downloaded, out of band patch which netted us Windows 10 21H2 build 1708

While this is a lengthy process per device (2 hours), it seems to have stabilized us for now.

@RGaray 

I'm on 20H2 19042.1766, and am unable to install KB5015020 due to the OS I'm on I believe, so the steps to fix you mentioned previously don't work (when trying to start the Teams room app, nothing happens).

Do you know of a workaround? 

@Shervan_Torabi 

Would you please advise where can I download the Logitech Factory Image for NUC? Just got the device bricked after the standard recovery tool did not complete properly.. Thanks

This solution worked like a charm! I fist restored the system but the issue came back.
So Followed This solution but I did not have teams app installed. so I installed teams app first from MS store and then followed all this steps and it fixed the problem!
I had the exact same problem a month ago, and the above steps worked, but then last week I had the same problem on a different NUC, but those steps no longer worked (got to step 6, and Teams Room app wouldn't open; I'd double click the file and nothing would run). So what I had to do was download the PS1 script from Microsoft's site, and reinstall MTR. The problem with that is if you run the PS1 script to reinstall MTR, and it already has the same version of MTRT installed, you get presented with the message "Your system already matches the version in this updater", so you have to open the PS1 script with notepad, press CTRL + G and go to line 549, where you will see an IF statement that looks at "Test-MtrAppStatus", you need to delete the word "EXIT" on line 549, save the script, and THEN run the script. This will overwrite any existing files with a fresh copy, and it gets rid of the "skype-mrx" error.
see my last post mate. You dont need to mess around with any windows updates stuff
This worked like a charm, thank you!