Microsoft Teams Room - Android - Unable to admit guest

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

We are currently testing out some different devices for Microsoft Teams Room and have noticed that the Android version of Microsoft Teams Room does not allow us to admin guest waiting in the lobby at all.

We dont even get the notification.

However if we are trying the same on a Lenovo Smartthing One (which is running some version of Windows 10) we are actually able to see people waiting in the lobby.

Have any of you encountered this issue?

2 Replies

@MikePandora 

If you are using an Android device for your Microsoft Teams Room setup and you're experiencing issues with managing guest waiting in the lobby, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Update the Microsoft Teams Room app: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Microsoft Teams Room app installed on your Android device. Visit the Google Play Store and check for any available updates for the app. Keeping the app up to date can often address bugs and add new features.

2. Check permissions: Verify that the Microsoft Teams Room app has the necessary permissions to manage guest waiting in the lobby. Go to your device's Settings, navigate to the Apps or Application Manager section, find the Microsoft Teams Room app, and check the permissions. Enable any permissions related to managing meeting participants or guest access.

3. Clear app cache and data: Clearing the cache and data of the Microsoft Teams Room app can sometimes resolve issues. Go to your device's Settings, find the Apps or Application Manager section, locate the Microsoft Teams Room app, and select "Clear cache" and "Clear data." Note that clearing data will sign you out of the app, so you'll need to sign in again.

4. Reinstall the app: If the issue persists, try uninstalling the Microsoft Teams Room app from your Android device and then reinstall it from the Google Play Store. This can help resolve any corrupted files or configuration issues that may be causing the problem.

5. Contact Microsoft Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device, app version, and any known issues or workarounds related to managing guest waiting in the lobby on the Android version of Microsoft Teams Room.

Remember to provide detailed information about your device, the specific version of the Microsoft Teams Room app, and any error messages you encounter when contacting support. This will help them better understand and address the problem you're facing.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Hi Mike, 

Can you telle me where I can check the apps permissions ?

Thanks