SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Remote control not working

Copper Contributor

Hello,  Just recently the remote control feature in teams is not working for us,  when I had the end user allow access everything seems ok my mouse never shows up on their screen,  I have tried from multiple PC's with the same results.  I have also updated my teams client and reinstalled but still no luck.  Any help?

25 Replies

If possible try to walk them through those steps on my previous reply,  Microsoft Is also supposed to be releasing a update today(I believe) that addresses this problem so you may also want to have your students try to run windows updates on their PC's.  @danielemyrsenglish 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Both the person sharing the screen and the person controlling the screen need to be in the new meeting experience and can only be done via the desk top app (not in Chrome).  I also haven't tried it with multiple people in the room so if it doesn't work, I would try just two people or have everyone in the new meeting experience.

I'm still experimenting on this to see if there's any way to do control via Teams on the Web, but haven't found a way yet.

• While in the desktop app, click on your initials on the top right
  • click on settings
  • under general, check "Turn on new meeting experience"

This has been the only way I've gotten it to work.

I found that if the other user turns on the setting "Turn on new meeting experience", then quits Microsoft Teams and restarts it, the control works correctly.
That's a tricky solution :) .. yes it works with me
Great .. it works with me

@rjohnson8256 

Thank you very much! This solved our problem as well.