SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Phone System and Virtual Licenses Issue

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We have a CSP client with Office 365 - E3 & Microsoft 365 Business Voice. The client would like to setup automated attendant and other features, but we do not have a telephone system license for them. We were under the impression that the M365 Business Voice included a phone system, but we cannot get an answer on this. Also, I have tried to add the free virtual licenses to the account, but we cannot do that either - this may be because there is not a phone system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

8 Replies

It's included in E5 or as a separate add-on only

Adam

@cshowalter 

@adam deltinger - Thank you for responding.  So, when we did the research Microsoft 365 Business Voice, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/business-voice, under the What's Included Section the first item is an Enterprise-grade Phone system.  Seems misleading from Microsoft.

Thanks again.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adam deltinger - Quick update.  In order to use the phone system in Microsoft Teams with the Microsoft 365 Business Voice, you need to add a free virtual user license.  If you are a CSP or indirect CSP, you will get that license from your vendor; however, if you do not purchase as the CSP or indirect CSP, you go to purchasing on the clients 365 portal (as global admin) and chose the free license.  

Once you have the free license you can assign this license to your virtual user (auto attendant).  Then complete the normal setup.

Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.

Go to Billing > Purchase services > Add-ons

Scroll to the end to find the Microsoft 365 Phone System – Virtual User license. Select Buy now.

Note:

Keep in mind you must still Buy the license even though it has a cost of zero.

Change an existing resource account to use a Microsoft 365 Phone System – Virtual User license

If you decide to switch the license on your resource account from a Phone System license to a Microsoft 365 Phone System – Virtual User license

@cshowalter  - Hi!  Do you know if this phone system virtual user can be added via Indirect CSP to a GCC Tenant?  We have a client with E3 GCC, the add-on phone system and calling plan.  Then we want to add on the Phone System Virtual User.  It has been an insanely painful process to get my distributor to add this license on.  So much that I want to move the subscription to another distributor.  But before I do that, then I'd like to know if anyone has had issues in adding this Virtual license to a GCC tenant.  The item is on the pricelist, but the task of adding it to the tenant is just not happening.  Here is the SKU from the pricelist: 

Microsoft 365 Phone System - Virtual User for GCC

9a599e5b1ab4

Thank you in advance!

Very curious to see how this works out for you as we are looking at a proof of concept for Phone System.@luesato 

@cshowalter - Happy to assist if necessary. Let me know. All the best, Richard.

@luesato I couldn't get to "Add-ons" from Admin>Billing>Purchase Services 

But I figured out the link below to go to a special "Purchase Services" where you can purchase Virtual User License for GCC for $0. (Select payment method = Invoice on checkout so you don't have to use a credit card). 

https://admin.microsoft.com/catalog?adminportal=0

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adam deltinger - Quick update.  In order to use the phone system in Microsoft Teams with the Microsoft 365 Business Voice, you need to add a free virtual user license.  If you are a CSP or indirect CSP, you will get that license from your vendor; however, if you do not purchase as the CSP or indirect CSP, you go to purchasing on the clients 365 portal (as global admin) and chose the free license.  

Once you have the free license you can assign this license to your virtual user (auto attendant).  Then complete the normal setup.

View solution in original post