SOLVED

Microsoft Teams - personal vs work

Copper Contributor

I have a Microsoft Teams for my work email, but I added a personal account with my personal email for a meeting that I am in for a study group. I am not sure if the 2 or interconnecting and messing something up on the back in. I have a meeting that I can listen, hear, and speak in but I am not able to chat in. The person who runs the meeting sends the meeting invite and I can click on that. I use my phone for the meeting and on my app, I can't participate in the chat and when the meeting is over I cant see the chat history. When the meeting is going on and in the chat room, I have a message that says "There are people from external orgs in this chat. due to policy, you might not be able to see everyone's personal info". I also get the attached error message as well when I try to log in. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, it can become really tricky when the desktop client credentials get mixed. I've been there myself and this "reset script" has helped many times https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart

In addition to that be sure to switch to the account that should used using the "Accounts & orgs" in the top right corner in Teams. If you're still having trouble think about using Teams online with InPrivate / Incognito browser windows instead.
Hey, thank you so much, Christian. Can this work for the mobile app?
You're welcome. If you mean the script it's not for mobile. Remove and reinstall the mobile app?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, it can become really tricky when the desktop client credentials get mixed. I've been there myself and this "reset script" has helped many times https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart

In addition to that be sure to switch to the account that should used using the "Accounts & orgs" in the top right corner in Teams. If you're still having trouble think about using Teams online with InPrivate / Incognito browser windows instead.

View solution in original post