Microsoft Teams out of order - not openning

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm in serious trouble with my MS Teams. Since Aug 01 I can't open the app (Win 10 64). When I click on the icon the first pop-up is showed but... a loop starts and it's impossible to move forward to the next screen (login). The 1st pop-up comes up several times (10x) and closes automatically. During this, the CPU usage increases to reach almost 100%.

I already tried the following to solve:

- Uninstall/Reinstall the software (5x)
- Update the Windows
- Remove MS teams entries in Regedit
- Sent a report to MS

Anyone is facing the same? Could you please give some help? I'll really appreaciate!

Regards,
Fred

5 Replies
Don’t forget in the meantime you have Teams.microsoft.com as a backup ;).

Not sure if it’s same issue but someone had an issue like this and they had to catch the systray teams icon and right click quickly enough to hit sign out. Once they did that it came back up.

Have you tried clearing the teams install folder out etc? I’ll find the path for you if not.

@Chris Webb, many thanks for your quick answer!

I'm using the browser version, but... it's running slow. The mobile is being more useful.

I didn't get what you mean by "they had to catch the systray teams icon and right click"... sorry!

Regarding the install folder, I didn't do anything about it. (Maybe when I removed all entries through regedit? Manually I did nothing). Could you provide me with the path?

Once again, tks!
Fred

Here is a great article by Tony Redmond that goes over all the troubleshooting steps for Teams. Including clearing cache etc. https://www.petri.com/debugging-teams-clients

@Chris Webb great to know! Tks for sharing. Tomorrow I'll go deep on this and try to find an answer to my problem.

@Chris Webb, I tried all steps and still not working... 

I'll move to next stage: I'm in Brazil and only the local office is using Teams nowadays. I'll have to get in touch with our IT head in Boston in order to reach MS support. I called MS in Brazil but only an admin is able to do this request.

Anyway, thank you for your help until now. I'll get back here to share the solution as soon as I have it.

Regards,
Fred