Microsoft Teams- OneNote add in- Read only

Copper Contributor

I added a OneNote to a teams channel and for some members, it shows up as read-only mode. Others works fine and they can edit. What could be causing this to behave like that?

I need everyone to be able to edit it.

Thank you.

Jenn

7 Replies
How long since you added it? Is it the teams onenote or a new / existing since before? Adding a onenote doesn’t change the permissions on it! By default the team onenote grants every member of the team read/write!
Also if you did this recently, wait some time
Yeah, where is the source onenote stored, sounds like you added a onenote from outside the Team, and thus only the people that have access to the other Team / Onenote itself can edit and it's set for read for the others?

@Chris Webb .

its stored on sharepoint site that all members have access to. 

@Jennifer Carr We have something similar all of a sudden. These Notebooks have been in that team for over a year and were created from the team! It started a few weeks ago.

OneNote Issue.png

@Emanuel van der Aalst Hello Emanuel, I noticed you're answering an old thread.

What you're experiencing is part of "Awareness of Microsoft 365 temporary feature adjustments" where MS making temporary adjustments to select capabilities within Microsoft 365 (published in Message center MC207439).

OneNote:

OneNote in Teams will be read-only for commercial and education tenants. To edit, please use OneNote for the web or the OneNote desktop app.
Download size and sync frequency of file attachments has been changed.

@ChristianBergstrom Ha! Ofcourse! Thank you

All of my OneNote pages from the groups will not let me edit in Teams, they were fine the other day. What is the issue and how do I get back to editing in Teams.