Microsoft Teams not working with Google calendar

Copper Contributor

My entire organization has used the MS Teams add-on for Gsuite for months without issue, but this morning it will not connect. It acts as though it cannot resolve to the Microsoft servers, but the standalone app works fine. I have reached out to MS Support and have been told they are working on this at the highest level and priority. I just wondered if anyone had a suggestion for a workaround? 

18 Replies

Hi @TessZellner If you need immediate assistance, you should contact Microsoft support or answers.microsoft.com, where support agents are available to help troubleshoot issues until resolution.

@TessZellner did you get your MS Teams link into google calendar working. My connection has just stopped working and have not clue what to do.

@TessZellner 

Did you find any information how to solve the error? We are also facing the same issue where we can use the add-on week ago but it suddenly stopped working.

+1 same issue.
Hello Everyone,

From Microsoft advisory

Users can't schedule Microsoft Teams meetings through the Google calendar add-on
TM282135, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: September 1, 2021 8:41 AM
Estimated start time: September 1, 2021 4:54 AM

September 1, 2021 8:41 AM
Title: Users can't schedule Microsoft Teams meetings through the Google calendar add-on

User Impact: Users are unable to schedule Microsoft Teams meetings through the Google calendar add-on.

More info: Users will receive an error when attempting to schedule a meeting which reads “Something went wrong with executing the add-on.”

Current status: Upon further investigation we have found an authorization failure has lead to impact and are working to get authorization cleared between Microsoft Teams and Google Calendar. We expect to be able to provide more details regarding a mitigation timeline by next update.

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this, and any user may experience impact.

Root cause: An authorization failure resulted in severed connections between Microsoft Teams and the Google Calendar, causing the impact.

Next update by: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 5:30 AM (9/1/2021, 9:30 PM UTC)
September 1, 2021 7:11 AM
Title: Users can't schedule Microsoft Teams meetings through the Google calendar add-on

User Impact: Users are unable to schedule Microsoft Teams meetings through the Google calendar add-on.

More info: Users will receive an error when attempting to schedule a meeting which reads “Something went wrong with executing the add-on.”

Current status: Upon further investigation and information from your representatives, we're checking to see if this a third-party service related issue. In parallel, we're continuing to review telemetry to determine if there's a service side issue that also may be contributing to impact.

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this, and any user may experience impact.

Next update by: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 9:30 AM (1:30 AM UTC)
September 1, 2021 5:13 AM

Current status: We've reviewed screenshots and Fiddler network traces displaying impact, but our review has proven inconclusive. We're reaching out to your representatives for additional information to continue our investigation.

Next update by: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 7:30 AM (9/31/2021, 11:30 PM UTC)
September 1, 2021 4:54 AM

Current status: We're investigating a potential issue and checking for impact to your organization. We'll provide an update within 30 minutes.
Hi Go_Fluet thanks for this, it would be greatly appreciated if you would post the fix/result once they have dealt with the issue. I am sure you would agree its small in the greater scheme but so frustrating on ones day-to-day activities.
The Microsoft Teams meeting add-on for Google Calendar is now UP and running, users just need to authorize again before using it

@GaryBal My MS Teams is working again, yes. I had to re-sign in, but all seems functional now. This is the second time in the last 6 months that the integration has stopped functioning though and I find it more than slightly inconvenient. I hope yours starts working again soon. 

I was not presented with any solution on my end, both times this has stopped working it appears to be an issue on the Microsoft end.
It's frustrating that this is the second time the integration has stopped working and this time I was told that support teams have no authority to view past tickets or their solutions and I was painstakingly walked through illogical troubleshooting steps to "solve" the problem that I assured the support person was not what had resolved the issue previously. I was told that I had to do this or no help would be tendered. A rather frustrating place to be when I know, from the first time it happened, that the issue was not on my end.
As we pay good money for our Microsoft products that was the first place I went for support, not a speedy or attentive vein sadly.

@TessZellner Thanks for taking the lead on this one. My MS Team add-on is working as well.  I must tell I have not got a clue how to go about raising an issue with Microsoft but I can understand it could be frustrating.

Hi, receiving this error now:
AADSTS50020: User account 'xxx' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '7969c887-ba98-48bb-8832-6c9239929d7c'(Microsoft Teams meeting add-on for Google Workspace) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Does anyone experience the same issues and/or is there a quick-fix for that? Thank you!
For anyone interested, in some situations the Service Principal for the add-in might not be present, here, I show how to re-create it in that case
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/use-google-calendar-to-schedule-microsoft-tea...
Sorry, not that tech savvy :) How is this done and is there an easier way without having to learn to be a programmer :\
I am having the same issue. Were you able to find how to fix it? Any help would be highly appreciated.

@LiliTur 

Hi, when I had the issue there as a system issue that Micro Soft had to fix. There was a gentleman in the group who took the lead and managed to get it fixed. I have check my Calendar and all think seem to be working. All I can say it may be a setting on your side but what it is I would not know. Apologies for not being helpful. I must tell you this feature for me is a lifesaver.