SOLVED

Microsoft Teams not letting me join calls from certain accounts

Copper Contributor

I have three microsoft accounts: a personal, a uni, and a works.

Teams is only letting me join calls when logged into my uni account which isn't very helpful as I only ever use it for work.

This is the error I get:

desktop-641b1126-6a58-4bb0-913e-4c51bcb6995c
Error code - signInRestriction:1
Due to org policy, you can’t use " email address" with Teams on this device. Contact your admin for more info

I don't have admin as the email address isn't actually an email I got from the work just one I use for work.

When I google it the most common fix seems to be deleting a certain file and restarting it however that still doesn't work.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi, it can be a mess using multiple accounts with the Teams desktop app (today at least). So in your scenario you should consider using InPrivate / Incognito browser sessions separating them. You can also reset your app by going here %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and delete all content (copy/paste via Start). This message can also appear if your organization's IT admin has disabled the use of personal accounts in Teams.

Finally adding this "reset script" as it clears all autostart settings and you'll get a fresh prompt when starting up. It's great and I have used it many times https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart
Copy and paste into PowerShell and hit enter, simple as that.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi, it can be a mess using multiple accounts with the Teams desktop app (today at least). So in your scenario you should consider using InPrivate / Incognito browser sessions separating them. You can also reset your app by going here %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and delete all content (copy/paste via Start). This message can also appear if your organization's IT admin has disabled the use of personal accounts in Teams.

Finally adding this "reset script" as it clears all autostart settings and you'll get a fresh prompt when starting up. It's great and I have used it many times https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart
Copy and paste into PowerShell and hit enter, simple as that.

View solution in original post